Saturday, July 24, 2010

Inspiring

As I have started this blogging journey I find myself visiting blog after blog and being awed and inspired by what I find there. I love seeing what other people are doing and how they are living their lives. It's so fun to get a small glimpse in to their worlds.

I found this blog that I won't put a link to because I don't know the person. But she has truly inspired me. She is a mom of triplets who almost died after having them. Today she posted about being yourself, her blog title was "Be You". This really hit home with me as I lately seem to find that I am comparing myself to other moms or my family to other families.

She talks about another family whose small kids were so athletic and could do amazing things and were always ahead of what her kids were doing and she felt amazed at this Mom's ability to teach her kids. This mother said that this was her thing, she grew up being athletic and it was something she was good at teaching her kids. The mom of triplets said that teaching her kids athletically was not her thing at all but that she was gifted when it came to teaching her kids life lessons.

It made me remember that God has given each of us individual and special gifts and that NO ONE can do it all. I may not be the mom that homeschools, or makes a perfect meal every night or has a spotless house all the time but I am ok with that. I respect those women and I realize that their gifts are not better or worse than mine but just different than mine. I know my assumptions about other families are completely inaccurate sometimes. I will think to myself "She is the perfect mom, her kids are just perfectly well behaved" but then I spend some time with her and her kids and see for myself that those kids aren't so perfect and that they fight and whine and complain just like mine do! : ) It's then that I realize that Satan is using my insecurities to make me feel inferior and worthless and to envy others.

"Let's go ahead & be what we were made to be, without enviously or pridefully comparing ourselves with each other, or trying to be something we aren't."
Romans 12:6 (The Message)


I love this..."lets be what we were made to be"....God has made us who we are and his design is unique for us. The awesome thing is that we all need each other and God has placed us in a community to inspire and compliment each other with the gifts and abilities He has given each of us.

I pray that I can learn to appreciate the gifts God has given others and that I can BE who I am without enviously or pridefully comparing to another.

No comments: