They have this swing...
There are pinecones to gather...
There is plenty of open grassy areas to play a game of wiffle ball...
A small pond for throwing rocks and catching glimpses of little water snakes...
Plenty of woods for an awesome hike with friends to an even bigger "pond"...
And this awesome "fort" out in the woods behind the cabins that the kids found and "worked" on all day...
And of course ample opportunities for me to have many spectacular photo shoots...


Ok so maybe they aren't super spectacular, but they are fun for me! And what better place to take pictures of my kiddos? Can you tell which two kids were the cooperative ones with mommy's photo shoots?? :)
With all these things to do there is one thing that is my absolute favorite...
I LOVE sitting around a campfire roasting hotdogs and marshmallows with my family and friends! I could sit all day and roast marshmallows, trying to get the perfect marshmallow that is warm and gooey all the way through but NOT burnt. I despise burnt marshmallows, how can you people eat them??
If we get bored of the outdoor activities (but seriously how could we) we can head to our trailer to relax, take a nap or the boys and I will play a fun game of Yahtzee, Uno, Phase 10 or 500 Rummy!
We are so blessed to have friends who enjoy our company enough to invite us with them to this haven in the woods. I always feel so relaxed when I am there, away from the worries and chaos of home, and in to the great outdoors with fresh air and pinecones and roasted marshmallows.
1 comment:
I really wish we could have been there that weekend with you guys!! It looks like the boys had fun.
Post a Comment