Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cherry Cheesecake!!



I made this yummy dessert last week! I've tried making homemade cheesecakes before but I have never really liked how they turned out! If I was wanting cheesecake I would usually just end up going for Jello No Bake cheesecake and be done with it! But when Pioneer Woman posted a recipe for cheesecake recently I thought I would give it another go!!



You start out with some Nilla wafers, try not to eat too many while making it like I did! Throw in some pecans and you have a very yummy crust. This was a very different crust than what I'm used to, I had always had a graham cracker type crust but this was definitely tasty!









Then you mix it all up in a food processor if you have one or you can use a plastic bag and smash them. I actually ended up putting them in a plastic bag to break apart the cookies better then put them in the food processor to get it real crumbly.







My crust got pretty fine, but it was very Yummy! Once you get the crust to the consistency you want it's time to add the melted butter. I followed the recipe but I think it was a little too much because my finished crust was pretty moist! Add a little bit of vanilla, place crust in the bottom of a springform pan and set aside.





Next we start on the filling! Place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl, then add the sugar. Begin mixing together until creamy. Now it was about this point in the process that my small trusty little mixer completely died!!








Luckily I had this small little mixer that is a part of my food processor that we had gotten for our wedding. It did the job and allowed me to continue on! Next add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Once mixed well add the sour cream and continue to mix until very creamy and smooth.








Pour mixture in to pan over the yummy nilla wafer/pecan crust. At this point the oven should be heated and ready to go.










Place the pan in the pre-heated oven, sit back and wait for yummy gloriousness. Have I used the word yummy a little too much in this post?







After a little over an hour you get this...




I added some canned cherry pie topping to mine but you could do any fruit you desire. Cherry cheesecake is my favorite though!

If you would like a more thorough recipe with ingredient amounts, check out the full recipe on Pioneer Woman's website. She did her cheesecake with blackberries which also looked "yummy"!

No comments: