So at mealtime and bedtime we say our prayers. We started out with simple prayers just to get him going, so a generic prayer might sound like this.
"I pray for Daddy, that you would keep him healthy, that he wouldn't get sick, that you would help him to come home from work safe..."
He's gotten that down pretty good and can normally do it on his own without much prompting.
Theres also been a stray cat that likes to come sit on our porch at times and a few days ago the boys were telling me about a skunk that was in our driveway the other night as they were coming home with Dad.
Well a few nights ago, as I was putting Derek to bed we started saying our prayers.
He started his by praying for Daddy and tonight it was a little different, it went something like this....
"Dear Lord, I pray for Daddy, that he would be healthy and not get sick from the skunk..."
He then preceded to pray for everyone with those same words. No one was left out of the skunk prayer, Mommy, Grandma, Caleb and Levi and even Daisy our dog.
"There was a skunk in our driveway and a snake that was on our porch and a kitty cat, but I don't know where he went..."
I was trying so hard not to laugh. I really wish I had a tape recorder.
What precious moments!

No comments:
Post a Comment